Hello and welcome to a new Wednesday Sketch Challenge inspiration. We have new ideas and sketches for your every week to get inspired and play along! :-)
- Before I will put away my Christmas stamps, I wanted to make one more (kind of) last minute card. The triangles from the sketch looked like fir trees to me, so I went through my stash of Christmas sets looking for them. I fount the adorable Present Time set illustrated by Birdie Brown and immediately knew that I wanted to use it.
- stamp the trees and the snowman unto watercolor paper using a black waterresistant ink
- color the images using watercolor markers and a water brush
- die cut or fussy cut the images
- do some simple ink blending for the snowy hill using Distress Oxide Ink (Tumbled Glass), a stencil and a blending tool
- glue the trees in place and add the snowman with a bit of foam tape
- stamp the greeting and some snowflakes with the same Distress Oxide Ink you had used for the hills
- cut a stripe of patterned paper to size and glue it in place
- add some Stickles (Frosted Lace) to the project for some sparkle
- A simple stripe of patterned paper can add a fun but easy twist to your card. It is a great way to use up those leftover pieces of paper.
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day,