Hello and welcome to the second day of your October Release Countdown by Reverse Confetti.
- I wanted to use the beautiful ornament die for a circle card and a second time as a gift card holder combined with the Ornament Star stamp set.
Instructions: for the circle card
- take a large piece of watercolor paper and paint on it with dark blue ink, leaving the center lighter than the edges for a little glow (behind the tree)
- I had to add about three layers of paint until I liked the result
- let the watercolor panel dry and die cut the ornament using Ornament Start Confetti Cuts, make sure the lightest part is where you want it to be
- rip some vellum, white and glitter paper and glue them on top of each other to create a snowy landscape
- let the glue dry and die cut the snowy scene to size using Ornament Start Confetti Cuts, this way, the stitiching on your card will continue, even after glueing the snow to the background piece
- stamp the mouse and the tree with light gray ink onto watercolor paper
- color your images using watercolor markers and then die cut them
- add your images to the background piece using foam tape
- stamp your greeting from the Season Say It All set with a clear sticky ink and do some heat embossing using white embossing powder
- the watercolor background might be warped a bit from the water and the heat tool, so I glued two more die cut ornaments to its back
- die cut the ornaments top from glitter card stock and glue it in place
- add a little ribbon and twine to finish up your project
- Trying out different shapes of cards can be a fun thing to do and might surprise the recipient.
Instructions: for the yellow gift card holder
- die cut the Ornament Start Confetti Cuts from white card stock
- stamp the large star from Ornament Star with yellow ink onto your die cut ornament
- decorate the star using the small add-on stamps using different shades of yellow ink
- add a little ink blending to the edge of the ornament
- glue gems or sequins to the star for a little bling.
- die cut another ornament for the back, also die cut the slit for the gift card
- decorate the back piece with a stamped greeting (I left most of it white for a personal message)
- glue the back and the front parts together, make sure you only add glue to the edges so the pocket part stays open for the gift card
See the back of the yellow card here...
Find loads of inspiration on your way from blog to blog. The Design Team and Fetti Friends created wonderful projects using todays highlighted stamp and die set.
Nicole Vögeli * you're here
👉 your next stop * Deanne Kuntz
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a colorful day,