Hello and welcome to a new Color Challenge by My Favorite Things.
I really love getting inspired by challenges. Color Challenges are perfect for trying out new combos. I usually have a few go-to combos but am always looking for inspiration.
- I picked paper and markers from my stash that matched the color combo. (video no.1)
- I went through my fall stamp collection looking for a critter I could use the colors on. The neutral black and white colors of the zebra were perfect to go along the color combo and I could use the orange tones on his sweater.
- I colored the zebra with my alcohol markers (video no.2) and die cut it.
- I created a vellum card front and decorated it with different die cuts. (video no.3)
- I added Distress Ink to the die cuts using a blending tool.
- I adhered everything using double-sided tape or foam tape.
- The card felt a bit empty, so I stamped, colored and die cut a pumpkin and three leaves.
- I stamped the sentiment on black card stock using clear, sticky ink and did some heat embossing with white embossing powder.
I have THREE VIDEOS on this card for you!
Video no.1 is about getting inspired by a color combo,
in video no.2 I'm sharing the coloring of the zebra and
video n.3 is on how I created the vellum card front.
Did you know that MFT has all her challenge color combos available on their website for your inspiration?! Check out the Resource section and look for Color Challenges. You can download the PDFs, print them out if you like and keep them close to your crafty place. You will have a bunch of fun color combos on hand in no time. Isn't this just so cool?!
I hope you got inspired to play along! Join the fun and hop over to the MFT Blog for more information and inspiration.
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a colorful day,
Heavyweight Vellum (sadly, it is out of stock at the moment but you can click the "notify me" button)